Ko Chang

Arrived at Koh Chang Island today, it isn't like I had imagined it, but then I am not really sure what I had imagined.  It's pretty secluded, our hotel is nice, got an 'infinity pool' and everything.  We're really near the beach and it looks pretty idyllic.  Took quite a while to get here and was a pretty amazing journey, got a bus, then a dilapidated ferry and then squeezed on to the back of a pick up truck which got us here, just about.  I love a bit of adventure anyway.

For those interested, I think the fish have made my feet smoother, they are feeling rather good today.

We're here for a couple more days and then we head off to Siem Reap, Cambodia.  The heat is different here and the mosquitos are malarious(sp?) so I am spraying lots of stuff on me!

Also, I am quite excited because I have just read my emails and had one to confirm my volunteering for a couple of weeks time and I am going to be working on a farm in Sangkla Buri, on the burmese border, its a vegetarian farm...how did they know?! (By the way, I'm not a vegetarian, but apparently I look like one, and now even people I haven't met are making assumptions about me.)

Read Users' Comments (4)

4 Response to "Ko Chang"

  1. Gini, on 1 March 2010 at 20:24 said:

    An infinity pool? bloody hell, whay sort of accomadation are you staying in? Not on lonely beach I am guessing.
    Don't think we stayed anywhere with a pool the whole wime we were in Thailand! lol

    How you getting to Siem Reap? I have looked into it before but doing it independently seemed far too complicated and heard very very bad things about organised trips there.

  2. Hilary, on 3 March 2010 at 18:46 said:

    Your hotel sounds very posh!
    Not sure i could have done the whole feet/fish thing myself! Looking forward to the next installment x

  3. Poramin T. (Aon), on 4 March 2010 at 12:22 said:

    have a safe trip to Siem Reap.

  4. Hazel, on 5 March 2010 at 14:46 said:

    Gini - we were in Lonely beach, and yes in posh hotel, but only for 2 nights and then we moved! It pretty much took us all day to get to Siem Reap but we are here now, got a minibus thing which organised the whole thing for us for 550BHT each, pretty good really, despite the lengthy time it took to get here!

Post a Comment