Bangkok to Sanglurburi, Thailand


So today I have arrived in Thailand, leaving Charlotte behind in Cambodia, with TR (that is who is in the picture).  I made it, finally, after a rather long bus journey!  The reds are still protesting in Thailand, but it didn't prove too much of a problem for me to get here!

Last night, in Phnom Penh, Charlotte and I went to go and listen to some jazz, that had been advertised in a local restaurant, it was a little disappointing, as a man on a guitar and woman playing the flute wasn't really what we had imagined!

Yesterday it rained almost all day!  That was the first time it rained whilst I was there and it was so loud as all the neighbours where Charlotte lives have corrugated iron roofs, and then the moistness brought all the frogs out, that were so loud, they sounded like cows in the yard.

Am just in Bangkok for the night and then head off on another bus to Sanglaburi, the place where I am going to do my volunteering.  This is the organisation that I am going with, so you can read a little about what I might be doing when I get there...


So, goodbye Cambodia, I will leave you with a picture of Charlotte and myself trying out our 'kramas', traditional scarves that pretty much all Cambodians have, and use for everything!




Read Users' Comments (1)comments

1 Response to "Bangkok to Sanglurburi, Thailand"

  1. Traveller'sfriend, on 6 April 2010 at 09:30 said:

    a lady on a flute you say....

Post a Comment