Flip flop stealers

So, I have now been on the island of Koh Chang for 4 days.  Yesterday we moved from our posh residence to a hut on the beach in Kai Bae (still on the same island) which is about a 3rd of the price, there is no pool, but we are on the beach?! 

I am now beginning to realise I should have taken heed to my doctors advice about my malaria pills...he mentioned something about staying out of the sun, which until now I seem to have been ignoring.  There will be no pictures of me for the next week...

The island is ace, and really not what I expected.  Lonely Beach (where we were staying) was kind of secluded but actually, not as secluded as some of the other places we have now been.

Right, I have got to get this off my chest, they seem to have this thing here where you have to take your shoes off at the door of places, like shops, bars, hotels etc.  It's taken me a while to get used to it, but now I pretty much have the hang of it.  However, I've been checking out these piles of shoes at doors thinking 'that is just asking for someone to take the wrong ones home'....someone flaming nicked my flipflops!  What is that about?!  To add insult to injury, they swapped them with their really worn manky version of the same ones.  It's ok though, I'm over it and have in actual fact now replaced them.


Today we went on a boat trip which involved going to 4 islands and doing a bit of snorkelling.  This was fun until I remembered I couldn't snorkel, but I still had a good time.

This evening, we went for a sunset 'sunburn' swim.  Basically, waited for the sun to start setting and then went in the water so our sunburn didn't sting (we really are that cool), I am not the only one looking rather pink.  Anyway, it was amazing, I can't explain how amazing the view is and just how warm the water is - it was like having a hot bath, but better, because it didn't keep getting cold so you have to keep filling it up with hot, it was just hot, and ace.



Thanks to everyone who has made comments and sent messages, sorry I haven't replied to you all, but I like reading them!  Tomorrow we are off to Siem Reap in Cambodia.



Read Users' Comments (2)

2 Response to "Flip flop stealers"

  1. Traveller'sfriend, on 5 March 2010 at 09:33 said:

    Brown/pink/pealy skin is damaged skin Hazel!!! Take Baz Lurhman's advice...wear sunscreen!

    Be careful, no one likes a tan show-er off-er, it fades in days and you will always be remembered as pastey H, so there is no use even trying.

    I vote that you should up grade your flip flops for a better model next time you ditch them at the door!!

    Much love x x

  2. Hazel, on 6 March 2010 at 07:39 said:

    It's alright, I had factor 30 on, but the sun saw through it. I am no longer red! eah, I do have a habit of now staring at other people's flipflops...

Post a Comment