The eagle has landed...

So, I am here, in Bangkok!  It is pretty much like nowhere I have ever been before, which is exactly what I wanted it to be. 

I met Leah at the airport in Bangkok, both inappropriately dressed for the excessive heat that is Bangkok, it is so hot, and is taking my pasty little body a while to adjust to.  We have all just enjoyed a wee siesta.

This morning we got up bright and early and went to 'Wat Po', a temple, they love temples and its amazing how gold it is - I took some pictures obviously, but I can't work out how to load them to the computer, so you might have to wait for those.

We have also been on a river taxi, a few hairy 'normal' taxi rides (the drivers here are crazy, yes, even I can say that, and it seems to be permanently rush hour), eaten lots of thai food and wandered around some shops and markets.  I have tried my hand at haggling to buy some flipflops, Sabrina told me I could have gone lower, but I'm a learner, I'm sure I can work my way up to her standards...who, is keeping us on our toes as she has already lost her passport and purse...needless to say they have both been found, panic not.

The plane food, for all those plane food lovers out there, consisted of a Thai chicken curry and cheesecake with a full english breakfast (well, as full as you can get in a small microwaveable container with a slightly rubbery consistency).  Lovely.

I am in Bangkok for 2 days in total, and we leave on Monday to go to Ko Chang, an island between here and Cambodia, I am pretty excited about the island.

Read Users' Comments (3)

3 Response to "The eagle has landed..."

  1. Traveller'sfriend, on 27 February 2010 at 13:21 said:

    Thailand- awesome. I have only been there for 5 before but I really want to explore the beaches and islands. So I'm really up for your photos! Saty safe Hach

  2. Christine Grimm, on 27 February 2010 at 13:44 said:

    Sounds amazing....wish it was hot here. You'll be pleased to know it's miserable, grey and cold in Lincoln! Christine x

  3. Gini, on 27 February 2010 at 21:59 said:

    Sounds good.
    Koh Chang is lovely.
    Just don't stay in the magic garden as it's a bit of a shit hole (top rated in lonely planet for some reason).
    Lonely beach is the 'backacker area' but nothing there is really near the beach. The closest place to the beach was treehouse 1 but thats a walk from the 'lively' area (where the resturants and bars are), but next to the beach.
    The treehouse 2 is nice but MILES away from anywhere else (like a 45min drive), but nice if you want a few days away from anyone on your own secluded beach (minimal electricity thou and no hot water).
    Also just be aware that Koh Chang is one of the few places in Thailand that still carries a Malaria risk, so use lots of mozzie spray!
    That's all from memory though and things do change.
    Have a great time :)

Post a Comment