Goodbye Thailand, Hello Singapore...

I never thought I would be that interested in Thai boxing, but actually found it fairly amusing, I am not sure it is supposed to be funny, but when they let the tourists have a go and they look like a couple of kangaroos with boxing gloves on, it's, er, mesmerising.  This is a picture of a couple of the Thai's showing how it's done...or not.  Shortly after I took this picture one threw one out the ring and then the other one got a silver plate thing and threw it at him, it ended with one chasing the other out of the building...

After I left Koh Phi Phi, I had a night in Phuket.  I'd booked somewhere near the airport because my flight was early in the morning and the main town is an hour from the airport so I'd ended up with a hotel rather than a hostel and it felt like luxury!  After having been in a sweaty dorm with 1 fan between 4 people and on a top bunk, somehow having a double bed in an apartment to myself with air con and a TV was amazing...sadly only for the one night though, back to dormitory living tonight.

So, that was the end of my trip to South East Asia, goodbye Thailand.  This was last nights sunset in Phuket...


This evening I arrived in Singapore.  So far it has been a bit of a culture shock...everyone speaks English and I no longer have to do my miming (which by the way, I think I'm pretty good at), or haggling (again, I've honed this skill) and everything is so organised.  It was 25 C on my way back from the airport and I was actually a bit cold...what the heck has happened to me?!

I've not seen much of Singapore yet as it has been raining but intend to do some exploring tomorrow, people keep warning me that it gets so hot here, surely it can't be hotter than where I have just come from...

Read Users' Comments (1)comments

1 Response to "Goodbye Thailand, Hello Singapore..."

  1. Gini, on 22 April 2010 at 16:43 said:

    It does get REALLY hot in singapore and it will just rain anytime.
    Try and visit the zoo (and night safari) if you get a chance, it's probably the best zoo i've been too.
    Sentosa island is also a fun day out ;)

Post a Comment