Packing is my nemesis

You'd think I'd have it down by now.  I've done it enough times, carried enough bags where I've wished I had less - yet, every time it makes me SO mad.  Packing.  I'm currently mid-packing, with clothes and toiletries strewn across the room.  I know when I actually put my mind to it, it will take me about 5 minutes to shove it all in! #firstworldproblems

Anyway, all this 'preparation' means that tomorrow I leave, destination = India!  Even though I am 24 hours away from being on a plane, I don't feel as though I am actually going.  I think my busy few weeks leading up until this point have meant I don't feel as though I have necessarily 'prepared' my head for what I am about to embark upon.

One of my friends sent me an article this week about India which was quite an interesting read. www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22772391  
I'm pretty excited about finding the weirdest street side service I can, might even get my hair cut; it's been a while.  I love the pictures with the different colours, the people, the different culture, the spicy foods.  I'm looking forward to all the new experiences I am about to have and things I am about to discover.

So, tomorrow marks the beginning of my next adventure - 12 weeks living and working in Southern India, leading a team of volunteers to undertake some community development projects within a rural community (location to be determined upon arrival).  

I know it's going to be a challenge.  The first 2 weeks are going to be packed full of training and learning all about the projects.  My brain will probably hurt and be crammed full of new information, but I am 'totes' looking forward to it and cannot wait! Upon arrival I will be travelling from Bangalore to Mysore, where the Raleigh International office is based.  Here we will meet the 12 Indian team leaders and the Raleigh staff, and the team building will begin.  Once we are paired up with the in country leaders we'll know the villages that we will be working in, in either Karnataka or Tamil Nadu. 

Tomorrow I am reunited with the other team leaders at Heathrow and off we fly...


I don't know what the internet availability will be like when I am there, but I will endeavour to update my blog if I can.

Here goes my Indian summer...

Read Users' Comments (1)comments

1 Response to "Packing is my nemesis"

  1. Anonymous, on 9 June 2013 at 17:58 said:

    Ah Hazel! If I could have packed that bag for you I would of we all know I love a packing challenge! I'm excited about what your next adventure is going to bring - even if I don't get to join in! Alex Xxx

Post a Comment