Some flora and fauna in Queensland

So, I am gradually moving down the east coast of Australia and have just spent a few days in Bundaberg...as we were leaving for our little weekend trip (I have been staying with Jeanne-Marie and Mick), Mick luckily checked his trainers before he put them on, I have taken note to do this in the future, because a couple of little froggies were enjoying the moistness, hmmm...


Well, it is the winter here, and whilst that hasn't really changed the weather too much, here it has been a little cooler.  It has still been fairly warm by my standards though.  Jeanne-Marie and Mick are new to this area of Australia so we have done a bit of exploring, and spent the weekend at Cania Gorge, a couple of hours inland from Bundaberg.


We spent our time doing walks in the gorge, I even managed to capture Gollum on the rocks...


I was pretty excited to see a kangaroo carrying her joey and then in the evening, we saw some wild bettongs, which I didn't even know existed until then - they are small marsupials, commonly known as 'rat-kangaroos', they did kind of look like a rat that bounced along like a kangaroo, it was kind of cute.


Today my highlight of the day has probably been using the ride on mower, I've always wanted a go and today I got to live that dream!


Tomorrow I head further south down the coast to Rainbow Beach, where I am off to Fraser Island on my 4WD adventure!

Thanks Jeanne-Marie and Mick for entertaining me in Bundaberg (and surrounding areas), and of course for the ride on mower bit too...

Jeanne-Marie, Mick and me

(There's nothing like a bit of forced posing - to be honest though, they really didn't need to be asked twice to hop on the horses...)

Read Users' Comments (1)comments

1 Response to "Some flora and fauna in Queensland"

  1. Hilary, on 24 May 2010 at 19:40 said:

    I think my facourite picture is of you as Gollum. Made me chuckle! Your time in Australia looks really fun.
    Loving following what you are doing on your blog. Mum x

Post a Comment